Laboratory for Reliable Software (LaRS)
at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, CA 91109
ed dot gamble at alum dot mit dot edu
- MSc Electrical Engineering, UCLA, (1981)
- PhD Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, MIT, (1990)
- Principal Engineer, JPL, 1996-2000, and 2002-
- Software Engineer, SupplySolution, Inc, 2000-2001
- Researcher, Advanced Telecomm. Research Inst., Kyoto, Japan, 1990-1996
- NASA Software of the Year (co-recipient), 1999.
- "Verification and Validation," in Applied Space Systems Engineering, Space Technology Series, McGraw Hill, 2009. Eds. J. Sellers, R. Duren, and W. Arceneaux.
- K. Rajan, D.E. Bernard, G. Dorais, E. Gamble, et al., "Remote Agent: An Autonomous Control System for the New Millennium," Proc. ECAI, pp. 726-730, 2000.
- B. Pell, E. Gamble, et al., "A Hybrid Procedural/Deductive Executive for Autonomous Spacecraft," Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 7-22, 1999.
- B. Pell, E. Gamble, et al., A Hybrid Procedural/Deductive Executive for Autonomous Spacecraft, Agents, pp. 369-376, 1998.
- E. Gamble, R. Simmons, "The Impact of Autonomy Technology on Spacecraft Software Architecture: A Case Study," IEEE Intelligent Systems, Vol 13, No. 5, pp. 69-75, Sep/Oct. 1998.
- D. Bernard, E. Gamble, et al., "Design of the Remote Agent Experiment for Spacecraft Autonomy," IEEE Aerospace Conference Proceedings, Aspen, Colorado, pp. 259-282, March 1998.
- E. Gamble, D. Rainton, "Learning To Localize Sounds Using Vision," Int. Workshop On Human Interface Technology, 94, Aizu, Japan, Sep. 1994.
- E. Gamble, "Integration of Early Visual Cues for Recognition.'' Ph.D. dissertation, MIT Department of EE and CS, May 1990.
- T. Poggio, E. Gamble, J. Little, "Parallel Integration of Vision Modules: The Vision Machine," Science, 242, p. 436-440, 1988.
- E. Gamble, C. Koch. "The Dynamics of Free Calcium in Dendritic Spines in Response to Repetitive Synaptic Input," Science, 236, p. 1311-1315, 1987.
- "Femtosecond Time-Resolved Measurements of Electronic Excited-State Relaxation in Pyrene Excimer-Forming Crystals," Chem. Phys. Lett., 139, p. 244, 1987. With L. Williams, K. Nelson, S. De Silvestri, A. Weiner and E. Ippen.
- E. Gamble, "Far-infrared Emission Properties of Excitons in Optically Pumped Cadmium Sulfide Crystals," M.S. dissertation, UCLA Dep. of EE, Sep. 1981.
- E.B. Gamble, and E. Danielewicz, "Rectangular Metallic Waveguide Resonator Performance Evaluation at Near-Millimeter Wavelengths," IEEE J. Quantum Electronics, 17, pp. 2254-2255, 1981.